Building standalones

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Thu Mar 21 13:13:01 EST 2002

On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 08:54 AM, Shari wrote:

> Questions...
>
> Resource Mover dialog - if I DON'T move any resources, and my stack
> uses items such as the "saving" stack, those will not be included, or
> will it just include the entire mctools.mc, or will I need to
> distribute it with the mctools.mc?
If you are going to make a standalone, you will need to at least move
over the answer and ask dialogs if you use them.  I also use the cursors
and icons.  These are just stacks that will be added to your program.

> Resource Mover - my stack doesn't have a resource fork, as I am
> distributing cross platform, this will not create a resource fork, will
> it?
Only the Mac version will have the resource fork.  That is created when
the stack is turned into a standalone.  The resource mover just brings
in important stacks you code may call upon like the answer dialog.  You
win version will work as expected even if you create it on the Mac.

> Resource Mover - I open the Resource Mover dialog, then open my stack,
> click the resources I want to move, click Start Move, and nothing
> happens.  How can I tell if anything was moved?  I did not find any new
> stacks in the substacks menu.
Make sure that you have the correct stack labeled in the button at the
top of the resource mover.  You should have your stack listed there.
After you move the resources, if all when well, you will get a message
stating so.

-Mark Talluto