Temporary picts

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Thu Mar 21 15:20:01 EST 2002

Wow, thanks! It's been a while since i've been called a dreamboat. :-)

As to your question, yes if a playstopped handler is in the current
execution chain, then it will get called anytime a sound (or for that matter
a video) stops playing. And, yes setting a global when you played a sound
that you didn't want to initiate the playing of your whole series of sounds
would be one way to go. Another method would be to use the argument that
playstopped returns. It returns the name of the audioclip, videoclip, or
player that has just stopped, so you could potentially make decisions based
on this. Here's a quick dumb example.

on playstopped theSound
	if theSound is "play it again sam.wav" then
		playMySounds
	end if
end playstopped

Keep in mind, I'm not saying the above way is any better than using a
global, just that it's another way.

Oh, well, back to my own Metacard problems. Don't know why it always seems
more easy and fun to help others with their problems.

-Glen Yates