Temporary picts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 19 21:29:01 EST 2002

Shari wrote:

> The goal was to play a succession of sounds, while a simple
> information dialog box opened.  This was actually called by a menu
> choice, so it needed to run on every card.  I tried putting a player
> on just one card and calling to it, but it didn't play unless that
> card was open.
>
> Maybe there's a better way to do this, I surely would love to know
> it!

I'm not sure why you couldn't do it the HyperCard way, as long as your
sounds are in MC-compatible formats (which it sounds like they are --
.wav is fine.) I've had good luck with the ordinary "play" command (no
player object, just regular old "play snd.wav"), using sounds that were
imported into the stack. It works just like in HC. I don't think I've
tried to queue them up though. Was there a problem with the queueing?

If so, you could try using "send in" commands to trigger the handler
repeatedly. The handler could check to see if the sound was "done" and
if so, start the next one.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com