Go stack

Phil Davis phildavis at attbi.com
Tue Mar 19 18:52:14 EST 2002

Hi Jacque,

I think you might be running into the "no-GUI-for-scripts" issue. As I understand it from my reverse-engineered point of view (subject to change), MC knows that a script isn't a stack, so it doesn't 'activate' GUI support when running one. So if a script tries to invoke MC GUI support (aka "open a stack"), MC doesn't comply. In other words, a script apparently can't open a stack because the stack has GUI aspects that aren't supported by MC during script execution. (Try checking 'the result' after the script's "go" command - there may be an error msg from MC.)

BUT: a script CAN "use" a stack! It can also get stuff from a stack that has not been opened. And if I remember correctly, the scripts in a non-opened, non-libraried stack can also be run by an outside MC entity. You just send whatever message to the [control or card in the] target stack. The stack gets loaded into memory but never opened.

So maybe if you rethink your approach slightly, you can still get to where you want to go - without "going" there. :o)

Phil