Temporary picts

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 19 08:28:01 EST 2002

>if you are importing custom icons from HC,
>they will wind up in their own Stack BackGround.
>
>Go to Edit BackGrounds and click on "HC Icons" in
>the Stack Backgrounds window right below the Card
>Groups window.

No, haven't imported anything.  But I will be updating several
programs soon that were built in HC, and I need to determine which
ones I can port to MC without losing any of the goodies, and without
spending a lot of time with the transition.  Apparently several of
them will need to remain in HC, as MC cannot easily handle some of
the things HC does with graphics and sounds.

My programs rely heavily on graphics and sounds.  In one sequence of
Pork Barrel, I have several soundchannels playing at once, while
other handlers are running.  And many of my programs play several
sounds in succession while other handlers are running.  I did this
with my current MC project, but it's klutzy and the sounds don't
always play smoothly.  Required a lot of extra coding.  When I get a
chance, I will upload the code in case anyone knows of a better way.

And of course the program which duplicates an image 50-100 times
across the screen in an animation... nope, doesn't excite me to
create 100 objects for one small animation sequence in a program
that's already done and out there.  Better to leave the project in
Hypercard and just perform the few minor updates it needs.  Was just
kinda hoping to move some of them to cross platform and OSX and all
of them to Metacard... *sigh*

Far as I can tell, very few of my HC programs will port easily and
smoothly to MC.  The only one being a business program.  Very few
sounds and graphics there :-)

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com