Jeanne's book

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 17 10:33:13 EST 2002

>I'd snap up a MetaCard book in a second!  I haven't read Jeanne's
>HyperTalk book, but anything with examples that extends the original
>HyperCard Reference by Apple to the realm of MetaCard would be great.
>
>	Greg

I can tell you... the docs that came with Hypercard 2.3 were good,
but I never could have gotten as far as I did with them.  And many
have talked about how great The Complete Hypercard Handbook was, but
personally it didn't do a lot for me.  It was more about concepts
than coding.

HyperTalk 2.2 was loaded with code, from cover to cover, with many
examples of each listing, lots of sample code, for me that book was
THE book that took me where I wanted to go.

If there were a book of that ilk for MetaCard... nothing would be
more awesome!  I spend a lot of time doing simple things in MC
because the internal documentation is so sparse.  So there's a lot of
trial and error to figure things out.  I'd buy Jeanne's book in a
heartbeat!

'Cept she hasn't posted yet... so I'm not sure of the status or
whether it will differentiate between Rev and MC.  Or even if there
will be one.  But I coulda sworn that somewhere on the Rev mailing
list, back when I was deciding which way to go, I heard talk of a
book in the works...

Shari
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--