URLs

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 15 19:53:12 EST 2002

I've followed the threads, and if anybody had a final solution, I
didn't see it.

Looking for a cross platform handler to take an email address OR a
web page URL (gogypsy at bellsouth.net or http://www.gypsyware.com), on
Mac Classic, Mac OS X, and Windows, and either open the email client
and address the email or launch the web browser.

Everybody had partial answers, but I didn't find enough pieces to
solve this puzzle.

Someone said GURLGURL doesn't work on OS X, and I don't see a way in
Metacard to determine whether the person is running OS X or not.  You
can get Win32 or MacOS.  Regarding the system version, I'm not sure
what it spits out for OS X.  The docs don't say.

Someone said "mailto" doesn't work on Win32, so it wasn't clear how
that was handled.

Someone had a handler that worked great on Explorer, but apparently
failed on other browsers.

Did anyone come up with a solution?

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--