metacard for CGI

Alex Shaw A.Shaw at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Wed Mar 6 21:48:01 EST 2002

>Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:28:39 -0500
>From: andu <undo at cloud9.net>
>To: metacard at lists.runrev.com
>Cc: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>Subject: metacard for CGI
>
>I am putting together some documentation regarding the use of
>metatalk/rev for CGI scripts and I wanted to ask the list for some
>feedback:
>
>-how many of you are currently using metatalk/rev for CGI
>-the context(tasks performed) it is being used as well as the
>environment (production/tests/platform)
>-the approximate amount of traffic handled by the CGIs
>-your location (if this is sensitive in any way, please send it to me
>off the list, I only need this info for statistics)
>-if any of you are using other script languages for CGI (PHP, ASP, etc.)
>I'd appreciate some feedback as to how does metatalk/rev compare in
>terms of productivity/performance with the other language(s)
>-the main disadvantage you see in using metatalk/rev for CGI scripting
>*besides some difficulty with debugging*

Hi Andu

I've just started to develop private projects using cmc.exe & a combination
of ASP so I would definately appreciate some documentation. What I have
working so far (on win xp pro & iis) is working fine but I haven't tried
anything tricky yet.. like calling a mc stack that accesses a valentina db

regards
alex