Saving a standalone

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 28 11:28:27 EDT 2002

>Since they can't view the
>scripts, this will keep most people from viewing the cards that contain the
>data, and only the most determined hackers will be able to figure out what's
>going on and get around it.
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software

Bingo!  They are the very people I most wish to foil!  Perhaps I
should have worded my questions better :-)

I never distributed a plain old stack in Hypercard, always
standalones and I had my own security system.  Obviously I am porting
the system to Metacard, but as some of the architecture is different,
I want a thorough understanding of the changes so that I can create
the best security system possible in the new environment.

As a shareware author, hackers are a problem that you think about
BEFORE distribution.  I've heard many authors say their sales dropped
50% when a hack came out.  Other authors have different opinions.  I
err on the side of caution.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--