Saving a standalone

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jun 28 01:46:01 EDT 2002

In deference to Shari, I think she's talking about protecting the *data* in
the stack, not the scripts. Even a password protected and cantModify-ed
stack can still be opened in MetaCard and the cards freely viewed.

Shari, if this is your concern, my suggestion would be to keep card 1 of
your data stack empty, and keep your data on cards 2+. Then, set the script
of all cards to go to card 1 on preOpenCard. Since they can't view the
scripts, this will keep most people from viewing the cards that contain the
data, and only the most determined hackers will be able to figure out what's
going on and get around it.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com