Mouse performance

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Fri Jun 7 02:29:01 EDT 2002

I have a script that uses a repeat loop to keep an image stuck to the
cursor until the mouse is released.  However, sometimes MC doesn't
realize the mouse is up, even when it is.  When this happens, the image
gets permanently stuck to the cursor, and I can do nothing to get out of
the loop.  This happens quite a bit with OS X, more than in OS 9,
probably since the system itself (GUI included) is slower and my app
can't keep the frame rate up in X as fast as in 9.

Is there some way to improve performance?  I'm trying to imagine ways to
make the image use a "grab me" or even a mouseMove handler, but here's
the tricky part: the user drags a number value from a field and then an
image is created, on the fly, as the user drags away outside of the
field.

Also, in a related note,
the grab command seems to work only when it's called by using:
grab me
I cannot seem to put a script in another object that says
grab image "chip"

If I could do that, my problem would be solved, but alas, it's not
working for me.  Does that work for anyone else?
--
Karl Becker, KB Productions
http://www.karlbecker.com