Darwin question

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 24 21:36:01 EDT 2002

I'm drawing a HUGE blank tonight and I don't know why.

I'm trying to write a darwin mt script that will write info to a field in a
stack.  Only it's not working.  I can read info from a stack, but can't
write to it.  All permissions are fine.  I can write to a text file with no
problem.  To sum it up:
The script has permission to run as root.  (chmod a+s)
The script IS running as root (verified with whoami)
The script can read from field 1 of card 1 of the test stack.
The script cannot write to field 1 of card 1 of the test stack.
The stack itself is set to 775 and owned by root.
The script can write to a text file in the same directory as the stack.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  I do this all the time with plain text
files with no problem, but have never used stacks in this way.

--
:)
Richard MacLemale