HTML and Print Columns

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 11:41:00 EDT 2002

I needed to print hidden data in columns.  So I searched the Metacard
archives, and the solution offered was to use HTML.  I am well versed
in HTML as I run several websites, but the TABLE tags failed, and I'm
assuming that Metacard only recognizes rudimentary HTML.  Is there a
list anywhere of what it recognizes?  I had added in the TD tag width
and alignment.  <TD ALIGN=center WIDTH=200>  and when it printed, it
just ran all the data together.

So I started diddling with a Print Reports stack that I came across
somewhere, it may be from Metacard itself.  But before finishing with
it, I realized that all it was doing was creating a stack, with
fields, putting the data into the fields, and printing the card.

So I just created my own blank template stack, the size of a piece of
paper, with fields for each column, and header, and footer.  Told my
print script to take xyz data and put it into the fields the way I
wanted it, lock messages, go to stack, print card, close stack, and
voila.  Perfect columns exactly as I wanted them.  Such a simple
solution, to get all balled up in finding another way.  As my data
took up more than one piece of paper, I just put in the script to put
ABC data into the fields, print card, then put DEF data into the
fields, print card, then GHI data, and so forth.

(Just adding my solution to the archives so the next searcher with
this issue doesn't have to get all balled up :-)
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com