Metacard 2.4.3 and Windows 95

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Jul 17 11:51:01 EDT 2002

Trying to present stacks with Metacard 2.4.3 (final version of July,
16th) on a Windows 95 computer at a school ( There are a lot of such
computers still around in educational institutions.) I could not get
Metacard running and a certain DLL was flagged as missing.

As there are also Windows95 computers within my reach at my office, I
tried to determine which Dlls were missing in Windows 95. They are in
the order of the error messages:

IPHLPAPI.dll
WS2_32.dll
WS2HELP.dll
DHCPCSVC.dll
IPCFGDLL.dll

After having copied these DLLs from the Windows 98 system´s folder into
the Metacard folder, Metacard 2.4.3 runs without problems on a Windows
95 machine.
There are  no such problems with Metacard 2.4.2.

There is no mentioning of these necessary DLLs for Windows 95 in the
Readme file of 2.4.3; also in the Preferences menuitem under LookandFeel
"Windows 95" is still present as an option.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke