Images and Image Data

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Sat Jul 6 22:35:01 EDT 2002

I have a strong feeling that this won't be fixable- since imageData points to
actual bytes in memory which happen to lie differently on Windows and Mac
platforms.
Luckily, once can always test "the platform" and proceed accordingly- I think
you'll find Macs agree with UNIX and LINUX, and Windows is the odd-ball.

Brian

<< My pleasure, but I just discovered that the order of bytes in the imageData

is *different* on Windows than it is on Mac. On Windows it's BGRO, and on

Mac, it's ORGB. Something having to do with "big endian/little endian"

issues, I believe. This has already been sent to Scott; hopefully it will be

fixed soon. >>