Images and Image Data

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jul 4 01:42:01 EDT 2002

Michael,

Check out my "tutorial" on imageData at:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm

Click on the following links on that page:
     imag003 - Understanding ImageData, MaskData and AlphaData

as a start to get a handle on how to manipulate imageData.

What you're going to want to do in your script is:

1) Create an image object with no image in it.
2) Use the binaryEncode() function to create binary values for each pixel of
the image to be created and store it in a variable.
3) Set the imageData of the image object to the variable that contains the
binary.

Here's an example of a script that creates a 20x20 image that is pure blue:

on mouseUp
  create image
  put it into tID
  set the width of tID to 20
  set the height of tID to 20
  put empty into iData
  repeat with i = 1 to 20
    repeat with j = 1 to 20
      put binaryEncode("CCCC",255,0,0,0) after iData
    end repeat
  end repeat
  set the imageData of tID to iData
end mouseUp