mchttpd Question

andu undo at cloud9.net
Wed Jul 3 13:06:02 EDT 2002

Almost forgot to answer this one, sorry.

--On Monday, July 1, 2002 7:45 PM -0700 Scott Rossi
<scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> The question below was sent by Peter J Bower who seems to be having
> trouble getting his posts to appear on the list.  Perhaps some kind folks
> here can respond.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
>
> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
> Email: scott at tactilemedia.com
> Web: www.tactilemedia.com
>
> ------
>
> I just downloaded the metacard mchttpd from ftp.metacard.com
> <ftp://ftp.metacard.com>
> to run on my home network and act as a server.
>
> I have a pc running windows 2000.
>
> In the cgi-bin folder there is a little note that  says " Link_MC_here".
>
> Well, I'm not sure what this means. I have installed a copy of the mc
> program in that folder and I can not get it to recognize any *.mt or *.cgi
> programming. What does the "Link MC Here" mean?
>
> another question:  In this situation on a pc what would the first line in
> the cgi script look like to
> find the mc engine?
>
> The actual location of my MC program is C:\Program Files\Metacard\Program\
>
> What's a fella to do?

Main problem is that mchttpd on Metacard's ftp site is very very old. I
made several variations and improvments in the meantime mostly for fun
since there was no real demand for such a tool but all of them have in
comon the fact that they are unfinished.
 With enough reminders I might be able to produce something usable, time
permiting ;-).