libURL rocks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 2 01:36:00 EDT 2002

I started to write my own FTP lib from parts I'd been working on before
libURL existed (with many parts borrowed from some of Andu's old code -
thanks Andu!).  But with all the error-checking it got to be a bear, so I
went back to using libURL. Not sure what the difference is between now and
when I last reported it (too much sleep?  I'm my normal sleep-deprived self
today <g>), but it works great:  the put command seems to let me work
sequentially as I need for this project.

Dave Cragg: thank you for putting in the time for the error-checking in
libURL, and the handy MakeDir feature that makes uploading to
as-yet-non-existent directories a snap.

Indeed, why re-invent the wheel?  libURL does what it set out to do:  we
focus on making nifty UIs, while Dave and Scott work their butts off on the
underpinnings. :)  Once again the MC package fulfills the goal of a good
4GL. Thanks guys.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 2.0: Publish any Database on Any Site