Total pain in the stack

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Jan 24 09:32:01 EST 2002

Amazing, I post the problem and stumble on the solution...

The crashing stacks had a mutant version of the script below.

The difference was
on scrollbarDrag x

I made a test with half of the fields without the x param, and the other
half with...
Mousewheel Scrolling over the missing param, didn't cause trouble, on the
other fields, crash the stack...

Why would that affect the script, I dont know...
There is no reference to a parameter in the definition of scrollbardrag,
there is an "argument" but the command <<send "scrollbardrag 0" fld "Source"
of group "schedule">> cannot work... OR?
Nonetheless, this parameter is enough to crash everything when affected...

What really puzzles me is that even though I reassign theTHE SCROLLVALUE TO
THE VARIALBE X IN THE FIRST LINE OF THE HANDLER AND THAT SCROLLBARDRAG IS AN
EVENTMESSAGE AND NOT A FIELD PROPERTY the X variable

Scott, that's a seriously dangerous parameter...
It should be removed or deactivated under certain condition
which could cause these endless/unstoppable (cmd-c) loops...

sorry to have bothered everyone! Hope it'll save you a few dozen stack
corruptions...

cheers
Xavier