Total pain in the stack

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Jan 24 07:14:01 EST 2002

For the zillionth time, I have MC going bananas in a recursive loop without
reason.

Maybe someone can tell me if they get the same behavior...

This may or will result in MC stop responding, and/or your stack
corrupted... beware...

Recipee:
Have a mousewheel mouse, NT4 sp5, W98SE, MetaFrame NT4 sp5
Make 4 to 5 scrolling fields (list behavior optional),
add the script below (modifying correspondingly for each field to
synchro-scroll/select the others),
save the scripts...

While still in edit mode (not browse yet), go with your cursor over one of
the field, and use your mousewheel.
When I do this, all the fields start jerking around up and down, and MC must
be killed - nothing else will work, and
your PC's CPU usage will just jump skyhigh...

Is this my MC implementation or is it standard behavior of MC 2.4bx?

Thanks for any answers/solutions, Im desperate saving every change I do to
avoid crashes...

<Field SCRIPT>
on mousedown
  lock screen
  put word 2 of (the selectedline of me) into x
  set the hilitedline of fld "Source" of group "schedule" to x
  set the hilitedline of fld "destination" of group "schedule" to x
  set the hilitedline of fld "movedate" of group "schedule" to x
  set the hilitedline of fld "MoveDrive" of group "schedule" to x
end mousedown

on scrollbarDrag
  put the scroll of me into x
  set the scroll of fld "Source" of group "schedule" to x
  set the scroll of fld "destination" of group "schedule" to x
  set the scroll of fld "movedate" of group "schedule" to x
  set the scroll of fld "MoveDrive" of group "schedule" to x
end scrollbarDrag

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER