Opening local HTML pages in the default browser under OS X

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Jan 23 00:03:01 EST 2002

Richard,

I haven't moved up to OSX but will next month probably... and this will be a
(big) issue for us then...don't appleEvents work any more in OSX?

send  "file:///TAKA/index.html"   to program "finder" with "GURLGURL"

works in 9.1... assuming internet config is set up properly on the station
that is running the app. Where "TAKA" is a volume mounted on the desktop...

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org