mc & cgi: externals

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 12:50:01 EST 2002

While on a CGI thread...

I'm considering trying to move my server app to a script-only implementation.
However, I have a couple of crucial externals which need to be a part of it.
Porting these to the operating systems on which I need them is not a problem
(albeit some work), but I seem to recall that there is no way to use
externals with CGI scripts. I can imagine good reasons for this, but is there
any work-around? For example, I'd like to run things as script-only on a
Darwin system. I can compile mach-o tools, but can I run them from inside a
MC script? Has anyone been down this road before who can point me in the
right direction? What if my externals need to maintain static/global
information? My ultimate goal is an apache/metacard combo with no GUI...
anyone that can give me some input?

TIA,
Brian Yennie