Saving stacks as

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 19 13:52:01 EST 2002

>Actually, to be fair, HyperCard's menu item says "Save a copy" -- which
>means, save a separate copy to disk and stay where you are. Rev's menu
>item says "Save as", which all standard applications interpret to mean
>that the new copy should be opened for editing and the original should
>be left on disk. MetaCard's menu item also says "Save as" -- and
>technically, it is MC that isn't behaving according to Mac and
>Windows standards.

All I know is that I am very very happy with the way Metacard does
it, and hope that doesn't go away.  There's nothing more frustrating
that routing around looking for which was the most current copy.  My
current copy is always named someProgramName.mc, while the copies are
someProgramName-2.mc, someProgramName-3.mc etc.  Those number don't
mean anything at all, except to show that they are copies of the
original, in case I ball up the original.  But the original, I want
to keep working in, and just save copies as I go, for safekeeping.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com