Window Shape/Style

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 15 00:00:01 EST 2002

>Yeah, this did not work.  Pasted the WDEF in and it still disappears my stack.

Your right, it definitely won't work! I also tried using this WDEF in
SuperCard and it brought the whole house down. Revs handling of
system WDEFs in general has me slightly confused. In SuperCard for
example you can set the WDEF of a window to any of the system WDEFs
(you can get a list of these from the system file using ResEdit) and
supply an additional variable to specify specific window decorations

eg - set the wdef of wd 1 to "124,4"

I'm not sure where the numbers Rev uses come from?

Anyway, on MacOS <X it seems like the closest you're going to get is...

set the decorations of stack "whatever" to 16

which will give you an old style rounded 'desktop accessories' window
with a black titlebar at the top. I've got no idea whether this
particular window style is available on OS X.

Terry...

>>>Well, Resedit tells me it's using ID 1000.  But that ID makes my
>>>stack disappear.  Now, if I'm supposed to copy that resource OUT
>>>of iTunes and PASTE it into my stack then please let me know.  I'm
>>>guessing this is what you mean right?
>>>
>>>Thanks!

Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer in Instructional Design / Multimedia Developer
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Email: t.judd at bmu.unimelb.edu.au
Phone: 03 9344 0187
Fax: 03 9344 4998