Scrolling a stack up or down

David Frank dfchem at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 17:04:01 EST 2002

The resolution on my Win machine is not a great as on
my Mac, and therefore 'pages' of an 8"x10" stack of
cards containing a practice test cannot be seen fully
on the Win screen: either the top of the card is above
the screen, or the bottom of the card is below the
screen. The screen rect must not change, but the loc
of the stack needs to move up or down. i'd like to do
this with a scroll bar but cannot figure out the
script. I tried:
on scrollbarDrag x
  put x
  setrect
end scrollbarDrag
on setrect
  put "5,41,599,784" into cc
  put  115*x div 57373 into changeScroll
  put round of changeScroll into changeScroll
  subtract changeScroll from item 2 of cc
  subtract changeScroll from item 4 of cc
  set rect of stack "printout" to changeScroll
end setrect
But this doesn't work.
Anyone?

The obvious idea of changing the resolution of the
screen may not work for some of my students who will
be using this program.
--Dave