Dial-up dialog (was Internet Access)

Hugh Senior H at flexibleLearning.com
Thu Jan 10 14:06:01 EST 2002

>Scott Rosse wrote:
>"...simply attempting to launch a URL on an unconnected
>computer opened the dial-up app..."
>
>Christoph wrote:
>"OK.
>But how could the dial-up app on the Mac or with Wind get closed?

Agreed. Also, I believe auto-launching is a result of your personal
connection settings.

Win95 seems to access its dial-up dialog by issuing a command line to a
.dll (assuming I have interpreted the regedit entries correctly) so there
is no program to launch, unlike Win2000 wich uses rasphone.exe.

Hey ho. So this feature will simply not be supported on all flavours of
Windows.

Unless anyone has a bright notion?

/H

Hugh Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: admin at flexibleLearning.com
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com