Dial-up dialog (was Internet Access)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 9 20:40:01 EST 2002

Recently, Hugh Senior wrote:

> Pleeeeease... What is the registry entry to find the program needed to
> launch the user's dial-up connection dialog?
>
> I can use queryRegistry .rnk for Win2000 to find rasphone.exe (works
> great), but it is not listed on our Win98 machine. So is there some magic
> key to cover 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME and XP?

Not sure about finding the specific program, but in all the tests I've done
(Win95, Win98, Win2K) simply attempting to launch a URL on an unconnected
computer opened the dial-up app.  Don't know if this helps or not.

Regards,

Scott

Scott Rossi                       Tactile Media - Multimedia & Design
Creative Director                 Email: scott at tactilemedia.com
                                  Web: http://www.tactilemedia.com