why MetaCard?

Simon Lord slord at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 19:08:00 EST 2002

>> They both do the same thing using the same engine, maybe not
>> too obvious
>> to you, except that Metacard is stable and the development environment
>> is geared towards a more mature audience.
>
> Mature?

I think Andu means *seasoned*.  When I look and play with Rev I
see an app geared to HyperCard heads and new users.

Seasoned users of MetaCard spent many many years perfecting/use
their knowledge of MC that, for myself anyway, the Rev interface
simply *gets in the way* of my being able to work.

But I can definitely see new users picking up on Rev first, the
learning curve is likely shorter.