save

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Jan 8 17:19:00 EST 2002

At 4:36 PM -0500 1/8/02, MMessieh at aol.com wrote:
>New data placed in my MC standalone is not saved despite placing "on
>closestack save this stack end closestack" placed in the stack script
>Any ideas?
>mike

Only the Mac allows saving changes to a running application. (and I'm not sure about OS X, even) Therefore this is unavailable within MetaCard, even on the Mac. The two main alternatives are a traditional prefs file or storing an external stack. Your standalone can access the stack and use it just like a part of the application, but changes can be saved.

regards,

Geoff