So does anyone know what a colorPalette is?

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerdoptland at mac.com
Tue Jan 8 12:36:01 EST 2002

David Bovill wrote/ schreef:

> I wish the documentation was that clear :)
I seems to me that this feature was built for the IDE, not documented.

> The question I'm asking is what on earth is the "colorPalette" object in the
> "Colour Chooser" stack? The control browser lists it as a colourPalette
> "Color Map" and the only documentation I can find is that they have a
> selectedColor property.
>
> Any other properties? How would I go about creating my own palettes. It
> would be nice to figure this out before I go ahead and create palettes made
> out of buttons...
Mmmm... you can't create one by

  create colorpalette

But you need to select it with the Control Browser in the Color Palette,
copy it and paste it into your own stack. Great!!!

With a script like

  on mouseUp
    set the backcolor of button 1 to the selectedColor of me
  end mouseUp

> David
Regards, / Groeten,
Sjoerd