why MetaCard?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Jan 7 16:42:01 EST 2002

I chose Revolution, but one reason to choose MetaCard would be if your development machine isn't recent. Revolution (on a Mac) isn't happy on pretty much anything short of a 128MB machine. The standalones you build will have the same memory appetite as MetaCard standalones, but to develop, you need more memory to run Revolution.

Another reason to choose MetaCard is Scott Raney. I have no complaints about Revolution's support, but Scott is in a class by himself. Hi, Scott! :-)

Apart from Scott's jedi-like support skills, there's also the fact that he's in the U.S. -- if you are in the U.S. and your support needs tend to be immediate and in the afternoon (when it's late at night in Scotland) then that is a factor as well. On the flipside, if you are in Europe, then Revolution's support is likely to be more timely. If you are in New Zealand and you have a burning question at 3PM, then the list is a wonderful thing :-)

regards,

Geoff