is mctools.org retired?

Simon Lord slord at mac.com
Thu Feb 28 00:57:00 EST 2002

Funny, the mctools site was taken down for a variety of
reasons.  The first being that only two submissions in the year
that it was up were ever made.  It seemed that at the time
no-one was interested in submitting articles, tips, tricks or
stacks.  In the last 3 days I have received a dozen or so
requests about it's whereabouts, how to get stacks that were on
it (only mine) or how to start it up again elsewhere.  Where
were all you people during the last year?

I have been working with portal based systems for some time now,
we host macosxhints.com and soon macslash.com and others.  So we
have tuned our servers to handle lots of traffic etc.

If the list is ready for round two and try again, let me know.
I'd be glad to turn it all back on and enroll some admins to
help run it.

""It has become the amigo-3 now. A great place for posting
scripts and tools
developed on MC....""

Well, like I said, I had all my stacks there and less than a
fist full of others.  So I'm surprised that it's passing is
being noticed only now, or that the relatively few posted stacks
were useful at all.

So, if there is a demand for it, mctools can make a comeback.
But it needs support, this would be the THIRD attempt at getting
the MC community to submit hints, tips and stacks...