MataCard Spreadsheets and 2.4.2

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Sat Feb 16 16:43:01 EST 2002

Hi Everybody,

Some recent interest has been shown in using MetaCard as a spreadsheet,
especially with 2.4.2 Beta's ability to clip, hide columns, and some other
features.  Although I'm new to MetaCard, I've been working solidly on just
this for nearly two months now and, with alot of help from Scott Raney and
Jackie Gay, I've got it going pretty well.  My project, an educational
gradebook, includes the locking down of the first column (the wish expressed
recently by Gregory Lypny) as well as the following features:

  Column and row selection
  Vertical and horizontal scrolling (first column locked)
  Contiguous and non-contiguous cell selection
  Store comments behind cells and column headings
  Set text style, and color for individual cells
  Set colo for grid lines and borders
  Set text, font, and size and line height for overall table
  Scripts for adding/deleting columns and rows
  Scripts for renaming columns, 'gradebooks', and 'terms'
  Multiple gradebooks per term, multiple terms per file
  Adjust column width by dragging double arrow cursor
  Select all button in top left corner
  Saving file is a tiny compressed bin file of user data only
  Save user data to or fetch it from a web site
  Sorting by any column
  Password protection
  Printing of main spread sheet (gradebook) and student reports

If any of you have an interest in this project I'd love for you to see it.
Please let me know.

Ray Horsley
(727) 528-0725