MC 2.4.2 Feature Wish

Monte Goulding monte.goulding at senet.com.au
Fri Feb 15 21:16:01 EST 2002

Now that you think of it why not have a rowNames and columnNames property.

"set the rowNames to default" would give you numbered rows
"set the rowNames to none" would give you a standard field
"set the rowNames to tList" would give you named rows

same syntax for columns

if the names were (like on most spreadsheets) able to be clicked to select
the row or column then even better

perhaps even resizing????

this may even give us some new syntax for retrieving data from fields

"put row tRowName of fld "fldName" into tVariable"

or even ???

"put the tableData[tRowName,tColumnName] of fld "fldName"

Anyway I guess if we just had text alignment working on the cell instead of
the whole fld.

Anyone else think it's time to differentiate fld styles like what has been
done with buttons?????

Regards

Monte Goulding
B.App.Sc. (Hons.)