Strategies for two-byte char systems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Thu Feb 14 20:42:01 EST 2002

Nikorasu Kweto wrote:

> BTW, this topic's been raised before, and IMO was covered well by Dave
> Cragg. Search the archives for his name -- or perhaps he'll answer you
> himself any moment now :-)

I try.  I searched for "two-byte" and got zero results.  I search for "two
byte" (without the hyphen) and got six entries completely unrelated to
discussions of two-byte solutions.  And of course when I searched for "Dave
Cragg" I got more than 150 entries, which I'm still sifting through. :)

The archives are a wonderful resource, rendered less useful by the host's
limited search facility.

I wonder if there's another search engine that could be put into service for
the archives, maybe something as flexible as with the BlueWorld lists....

BTW: I also got a tip from Scott Rossi on the subject, and after I get back
from my Valentine's Day evening I'll give it a shot and report back if it
works.

Thanks for the input.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site