Clicking outside movie windows

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerdoptland at mac.com
Thu Feb 14 06:42:01 EST 2002

Shari wrote/ schreef:

> Playing a movie in a player window, how do I prevent messages from
> being sent while the movie is playing?
>
> [snip]
>
> I have several pulldown menu buttons on the card, and if I click on
> one of them during the movie, the pulldown menus appear.
Basically 2 options:
1. 'show' a transparent button over the pulldown (and any other menus)
buttons.
2. Script:

  disable button "myPulldownMenu"

The second is neater, because it also gives the use feedback about why she
can't click the menus, but the first one may be easier to implement, because
it also blocks other 'mouse' messages to be sent. (A combination of the two
is also possible, of course!)

> Thanks!
>
> Shari
Regards, / Groeten,