beepPitch

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerdoptland at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 03:17:01 EST 2002

slavko milekic wrote/ schreef:

> I am designing an application where different cursor positions are supposed
> to elicit a sound of different pitch -- I tried "set beepPitch to NewValue"
> but it does not seem to work -- whatever I do, I get the same old
> "ding.wav".  I am using Win 98 SE, and MC 2.4.1.
> Any help (including suggestions about other methods of achieving the same
> effect) is appreciated.
I hit this very same problem recently. The beepPitch only applies to the
'beep' sound, which is not played over the sound card (which is able to play
*.wav files). I can't exactly tell how to solve this, because one some
configurations it works, and on others it doesn't, even on the same
platform.

A workaround: use a player object to play a sound file, and change the
playRate. Have a look at the attachment and have fun! (You should add some
sound file to the player yourself).

> Thank you in advance!
>
> Slavko Milekic
Regards, / Groeten,