Modal windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at FourthWorld.com
Fri Feb 8 01:18:00 EST 2002

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Ah....maybe it's a question of what one means by "border".  In my experience
>> MC only does the Platinum dialogs.
>
> Yeah. I guess I'm just an old-style kinda person. :) Actually, I wanted
> a border to visually set the dialog off from the stack underneath, which
> is the same color. When I use the platinum-style dialog, you can't see
> it at all because it hovers over the main stack. The shadow on the
> platinum style window sets off the bottom and right a bit, but the top
> and left blend right into the stack underneath.

As an alternative, if you don't mind taking liberties with the HIG (hey,
Apple doesn't mind when they do it<g>), you could use a non-threeD card and
simply add your own graphical treatments to look however you want.

 Custom Software and Web Development for All Major Platforms
 Developer of WebMerge 1.9: Publish any Database on Any Site