Modal windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 7 22:40:00 EST 2002

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
> > Ken Ray wrote:
> >>
> >> OK, Jacque... try this:
> >>
> >> 1) Set the decorations of the stack to empty
> >> 2) Set the showBorders of the card to true
> >> 3) set the 3D of the card to false
> >> 4) Set the borderWidth of the card to 1
> >
> > Thanks Ken. If anything would do it, that would. But it doesn't. I
> > started with a new stack with no scripts to make sure it wasn't
> > something in my working stack, and then ran all 4 of the above lines
> > from the message box in order.
> >
> > I just downloaded buildnumber 7 a couple of days ago. I think it's broken.
>
> I just tested this script in Buildnumber 7 and it works well:
>
> on mouseUp
>   create stack
>   set the showborder of cd 1 of stack it to true
>   set the threed of cd 1 of stack it to true
>   set the decorations of stack it to empty
> end mouseUp

Okay, when I run it, I get a sort of shallow three-d thing. There is a
1-pixel shadow on the left and bottom edges. The top and left edges are
flat. There is no window border.

I am positive we used to be able to set a regular modal window with real
window borders. Scott Raney just told me it wasn't so, that it was
impossible to do what I want. I could have sworn I did it before...

I guess I'll have to make a picture of a border and show that. Won't
look right on Windows though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com