MetaCard 2.5 alpha 8

Simon Lord slord at marelina.com
Mon Dec 30 06:37:01 EST 2002

Ken, would it be possible to get a sample stack from you?  In a past
life I wrote a SuperCard stack that would display a movie in a card
with a controller, the controller would have handles at either end
(custom made SC controller).  The first controller represented the
00:00:00 timecode while the end controller represented the end of the
movie's timecode, ie 00:03:57

Moving these timecodes to the right or left allowed for the user to
play just the selection *in-between* the timecodes.  I have included a
screenshot of that SC project below, hope that helps.

Having said all this, I'm trying to find some samples in the MetaCard
universe that would allow me to shave a few weeks off my development if
I could find a stack which had a few basic samples such as:

(1) How to get the movie length in time (so I can make set timecodes
again)
(2) How to play from timecode to timecode (if possible, maybe an
alternative?)

That's it really, maybe a few extras but it's late and I'm barely awake
at this point in the email.  In essence, I'm hoping for a *rosseta* MC
stack that will instantly show me all the movie controls/handles MC can
perform (aside from the obvious like, play, stop etc).  From the email
below, I take it you probably have worked out many of the issues I'm
looking to develop for a small internal project.

Thanks.

PS: SuperCard 2.5 works fine in Classic.  Had a bug where it would
crash if you selected the Finder, but since it does not exist in
Classic, it runs fine. Cool, cause I liked SuperEdit very much.