Newbie question about the bucket tool.

Jeanpaulpoccard at aol.com Jeanpaulpoccard at aol.com
Sun Dec 29 05:21:01 EST 2002

    Bonjour,

    I don’t understand why the paint tools which work with macOS behave in a
strange way with Windows.

    If I choose a color (for instance a green defined by the RGB values
125,255,O), I expect each pixel which I paint to have exactly this color.
    This is performed without any problem by my mac.
    My computer running with Windows OS seems to display the chosen color,
but in facts, the area which is should painted with it  is filled with a
mosaic of pixels with slightly different  colors. (If the chosen color is
125,255,O, then the colors of the mosaic are 115,255,0 and 123,255,0).
    When a shape is filled with a mosaic instead of a plain color, of course
the bucket tool will operate only on the contiguous pixels having exactly the
same color.
    Could anyone help me with mastering the paint tools or explain me why
Windows does not allow me to paint with the exact colors I choose ?

        Thank you for your help
    Cordialement,
    Jean-Paul Poccard