ColorPickerLib

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 29 00:02:01 EST 2002

On 12/28/02 10:17 PM, Karl Becker wrote:
> I've been getting a couple of reports from people in Mac OS 9 (I think
> pre Mac OS 9, actually) that my program built in MetaCard won't launch,
> that it says it requires the library  "Color Picker Lib".  Is there
> anyway for them to download it?  Doesn't this come with the Mac OS?  And
> should a future version of MetaCard be soft-linked to this instead of
> being hard-linked and requiring the library to be present when the
> program runs even if I don't call the color picker in the application
> anywhere?

I had exactly the same problem. Either my OS X installation had moved
the OS 9 color picker to the disabled extensions folder, or I had. I
found it in there and moved it back, and everything worked again. Have
your customers look for it in the disabled folder.

I wrote to Scott about the problem privately and he said that MC *was*
soft-linked to that library -- but apparently it isn't, or the linking
isn't working properly.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com