Web-Dedicated Metacard

andu undo at cloud9.net
Mon Dec 23 13:38:01 EST 2002

--On Monday, December 23, 2002 09:46:31 -0800 Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>> The big problem with a *sanctioned* web-savvy MetaCard or RunRev player
>> is the potential for *very dangerous viruses*!!

I don't understand this discussion, one can D&D a stack on the engine on
all platforms which support it and have it "play". For browsers one can add
MC as helper application and have stacks "play" as soon as they download,
what would a "player" do differently and why would it be more dangerous
then a plain engine?? Sure I can make a stack which erases the hard drive
"on startup" but so can any application.

Regards, Andu Novac