standalone is crashing on Mac OS 8.0

kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Fri Dec 20 19:48:01 EST 2002

Ken Ray suggested:

> Is the alwaysBuffer on for the images as well?

Thanks, but I tried that, too. Whether alwaysBuffer is set on or off, for
the stack or for individual image-objects, the standalone (not the stack)
crashes -- in fact, crashes also happen sometimes when building the
standalone.

However, on a friend's more up-to-date Mac the standalone works fine.
Hmm....

> The only other thing I can think of is that
> the MC application has a larger memory partition defined for it than the
standalones it creates (although I'm pretty sure this isn't the case, but
you can check in Get Info).

Checking Get Info, MC doesn't have a larger memory partition than the
standalone. Also, for the standalone Prefered size is set to 6457, available
memory is 19.8Mb, and each jpg image that gets loaded is 78k (78x25k =
1950k). Plus, I double-checked each image for flaws.

So, again, hmm....

Suggestions still welcome. Thank you.

Nicolas Cueto