standalone is crashing on Mac OS 8.0

kweto kweto at ma.nma.ne.jp
Fri Dec 20 09:12:02 EST 2002

Hello,

I've a relatively simple stack for creating illustrated bingo-cards. The
problem is that, though it runs fine under Mac OS8.0 as a stack and also
under Windows as both a stack and a standalone, it continually crashes the
system when it runs as a standalone on Mac OS 8.0. Specifically, the crash
happens while the script is setting the fileNames of the 25 image objects,
laid out in a 5x5 grid; after the 10th or so image objects has been
successfully loaded with an image (jpg or gif), the image-object that comes
immediately after the last image that successfully loaded will remain empty
(blank) and, instead, I can literally hear the computer's HD grinding into
some kind of looped sound, which, after a few seconds, stops and then
everything on-screen freezes.

Perhaps a memory issue? But, if so, why would it work as a stack but not as
a standalone? And, just in case, I tried setting the stack's buffer to both
"always on" and "always off". No go with either.

Thank you.

Nicolas Cueto