xCards versus HTML

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 21:00:00 EST 2002

Hello Robert and y'all,

> Hmm, you seem to forget one little detail. MC
> is not a stagnant environment and evolves as well,
> creating compatibility issues of its own as new
> versions are coming out.

A double-edged sword indeed. On the one hand, we want
development in order to improve what we have already
got (evolution). OTOH, we want terrain-tested
stability and reliability that won't break existing
works (backward compatibility). Reality, so to speak,
is somewhere in between these two extremes. Don't get
me wrong, however: you're making a very good point.

Regards,

Alain Farmer