Script Editor X v1.1.5 last requests...

Mr X monsieurx at crosscomm.lu
Mon Dec 16 12:30:00 EST 2002

Hi everyone,

Im finishing the latest Script Editor version before I go snowboard and xmas
festing for 3 weeks ...
If anything happens to me, it may be your last chance to request bug fixes
or features!
I'll post the should be final version nonetheless.

If you find a bug, please let me know before tuesday night (gmt) or you'll
have to wait until january 6 for a fix! I left the 1.1.3 version just in
case. The one thing that didn't make it is the version checking for the
installer. So erase, and replace should be default! Due to the unclarity of
the statement
save stack "snippets" as "snippets.mc"
 which actually saved the installer as the snippets stack bug ( i even tried
setting the default stack but no go), I couldn't do it... And a bug or two
maybe in a deleted snippets stack... All I know is that it works now...
version freezed!

I have one request for any Mac and OSX users:

My Mac is dead, buried in the basement...
I can no longuer see or debug mac versions...
If any of you have problems, let me know...

For Linux users, just the same...

also

I need a one-click-full automatic handler to launch urls to the default mac
and linux mail or web-browser
something like:
untried
from http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/UsefulScripts.htm

  put "tell application " & quote & "Finder""e&" to open url ""e&filePath&
quote  into tScript
  send tScript to program "Finder" with "sysodsct"

I got the PC version from the excellent site:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/index2.htm?http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/me
tacard/metacard.htm
it works like a Mac should... awesome!
Hope you Mac / Linux users can do as well...

Thanks to all the comments and encouragements for this script Release...
If only Scott would try it...

For those with web browser problems:

My website is made with PHPNuke which is an XOS compatible environment I
plan to dwelve in. If your browser can't manage either my site or
http://www.phpnuke.org then get at least a fully standard html rendering
browser - I can't downgrade now. Mozilla, Netscape and MS exploiter (i think
I heard Opera also) are all valid. Setting the htmltext of a field doesn't
work with tables so if off for a browser stack but you can always make a
parser as an exercise (tip: you render tables inside of fields)... Maybe for
2.6?

for a direct download:
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=24
for the article and screenshot
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=63

Version compatibility:
This stack is released for the "last" release of MetaCard (2.4.3 build 4). I
can't debug and produce a version for all MC version but you are welcome to
test and let me know how it works for you. Nothing is stopping you from
getting 2.4.x which is a free upgrade at ftp://ftp.metacard.com
As far as I can see it should run on all 2.4.x versions. Let me know
otherwise.

Precautions for all users:
I recommend making a backup before installation OR uninstallation. There is
a button for this in the options so dont forget to use it (not a default).
But I have not needed one in the whole development of the script editor.
I've tried to debug every scenario during un/installation with external
stacks but I seriously recommend you install it into mctools (the default)
stack - it just works better. If you upgrade MCTools.mc, just reinstall.
upgrade engine for the snippets. Keep the 1.1.4 version just in case!

Here's what you get:

V 1.1.5 18/12/2002
- Added controls filter in the Index Menu
- Added Resizable Index Menu
- Added missing colored keywords (item, lines)
- Fixed not-really dynamic color choosing in preferences - sorry about that
- Added xVersion Property to Script Editor Stack - still no checking in the
installer
- Fixed an incidious script that had auto-comment converted all # in the
comment filters
- Fixed a un/commenting script error - first line of script wouldn't be
handled.
- Fixed insidious "on mouseup" auto-script (of scriptless objects) with
smarter version
- Scrolling About and help Fields with real hyperlinks added.
- Added collapsible hierarchy in the index and more exact location finder

V 1.1.4 14/12/2002
- Added primary autocompletion routines for handlers and control statements
- Added About and help fields - they should update automatically from the
web someday!
- Fixed the Properties and messages Menu for more convenience
- Fixed the Preferences stack not opening - inexplicable bug in the menu
- Fixed opaque buttons in Menus (problem for OSX's Aqua GUI - thanks Karl)
- Fixed positioning of line and size tracking fields
- Fixed a positioning problem for selections

see the "about" in the script editor for previous releases

For next release:
Script Editor X History
V 1.2 ?
- Full auto-type insertion suggestions, just keep typing or pretype
- icon button bar for quick view/color options
- put preferences in stack
- Auto filling functions' parameters pretyping
- Context menu
- MC 2.5 compatibility
- Speedier coloring of script - can be long for large scripts (>50Ks).
  The original version is the fastest I could manage - good scripting Scott!
- Graphical logic view of the script
- Full balance implementation
- Grep search and replace
- Integrate all script editor windows into one
- Divisible editor field to see two parts of the same script
- Advanced XOS edit menu
- XosML comments integration into Index menu
- Versioning (I need encouragement for this one)