VXCMD MC 2.5A8 unexpectedly quits

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 10 04:29:01 EST 2002

on 12/10/02 10:40 AM, Rodney Tamblyn at rodney_tamblyn at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I've discovered a strange bug which I think is related to VXCMD.
> Sorry....
>
> In Metacard 2.5A8 (with latest build of VXCMD_macho installed) do the
> following:
>
> create a new stack
> create a card background and put two fields in it
> stop editing background and paste some text into one of the fields (I
> pasted the readme text for MC 2.5)
> switch to another application (eg TextEdit) and copy some text
> switch back to Metacard
> clone the card
> select the text you previously put in field by clicking in field and
> typing cmd+a (select all)
> Metacard quits unexpectedly.
>
> You can probably reproduce with less steps than above but I've been
> able to repeat the error doing the above.  Note that switching to
> another application, changing the text in the clipboard, then switching
> back to Metacard is necessary to produce the error (ie change clipboard
> outside of MC)
>
> If you remove the VXCMD_macho from the Metacard folder it doesn't
> exhibit this behavour.

Well, but VXCMD NEVER works with Clipboard.

And as I understand you execute this steps in "authoring" mode,
I.e. VXCMD even do not execute own functions, correct ?
It seems you have not even write any call to VXCMD.

So how VXCMD can crash this ?

Oh, Rodney, you know how to get on OS X the Crash LOG file ?
You need to make such crash log and send to me and Scott.
IT will show where exactly crash happens.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
web: http://www.paradigmasoft.com