VXCMD BLOBS, binary_write etc

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Dec 9 17:39:01 EST 2002

on 12/10/02 12:06 AM, Rodney Tamblyn at rodney_tamblyn at yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Rodney,

> On page 55 of the VXCMD documentation it says to use MemBuffer API
> which "will be improved significantly in the next release".  Can you
> give me a very brief summary of what the problems are and what is
> planned for the next release?  I see that there are some problems with
> memory leaks.  Related topic: do you have plans for when the next
> release is going to come out?

Smile, since you are MetaCard user you right now have full access to
    FixedBinary, VarBinary and BLOB types of Valentina.

MemBuffer is intended for IDEs which do not have own binary data features.

> I've had a quick look at the blob documentation but would appreciate
> it if you provide an example script showing how (in Metacard) I would
> write a jpeg image or quicktime movie to a blob.

Example "Binary data" show work with Varbinary field.
With BLOB the same

VXCMD for MC use arrays of MetaCard to work with binary data

> I couldn't find any documentation on binary_read/write in the pdf
> reference.  I've had a look at the binary write example so I've got a
> basic idea of how it works, but if you have some documentation on these
> calls would be of interest.

This is quite new functionality of VXCMD.
Peter was its "author" :-)
and main pusher of me to implement it for MC users.

Yes, I must add this to docs.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com