Hide/Show menu buttons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 31 12:15:01 EDT 2002

On 8/31/02 9:57 AM, Shari wrote:

>> Hi Shari:
>>
>> Try making different manubar sets and select the one you want on
>> preOpenCard.
>
> Very high maintenance.

Actually, after I posted, I noticed you only need to change the menus
when a card opens. In that case, I think the alternate menu groups idea
might be a better one with less maintenance.

Since menubars are implemented as groups, and since you can place any
group on any card, you'd only need to place the correct menu group on
each card. For Windows and Unix, that's all you'd need. On Mac, a
preOpenCard handler could set the defaultMenuBar to the group on the card.

If you need to alter the menus you'd only need to change the relevant
menu group once, since it would be the equivalent of a background object
in HC and the changes would show up on every card that contains that
menu group.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com